April 06, 2008

Charlton Heston, RIP; Update: Moonbats Respond

**Moonbats respond--
Times like these challenge me as a human being. One part of me says "It's sad when anyone dies, and it behooves me to be a better person and be respectful of his family's loss." The other part of me says "So long, motherfucker."
scroll for updates . . .



From the AP:
Charlton Heston, who won the 1959 best actor Oscar as the chariot-racing "Ben-Hur" and portrayed Moses, Michelangelo, El Cid and other heroic figures in movie epics of the '50s and '60s, has died. He was 84.

The actor died Saturday night at his home in Beverly Hills with his wife Lydia at his side, family spokesman Bill Powers said.

Powers declined to comment on the cause of death or provide further details.

Heston revealed in 2002 that he had symptoms consistent with Alzheimer's disease, saying, "I must reconcile courage and surrender in equal measure."
Family statement:
The Heston family issued the following statement:

"To his loving friends, colleagues and fans, we appreciate your heartfelt prayers and support. Charlton Heston was seen by the world as larger than life. He was known for his chiseled jaw, broad shoulders and resonating voice, and, of course, for the roles he played. Indeed, he committed himself to every role with passion, and pursued every cause with unmatched enthusiasm and integrity.

We knew him as an adoring husband, a kind and devoted father, and a gentle grandfather, with an infectious sense of humor. He served these far greater roles with tremendous faith, courage and dignity. He loved deeply, and he was deeply loved.

No one could ask for a fuller life than his. No man could have given more to his family, to his profession, and to his country. In his own words, "I have lived such a wonderful life! I've lived enough for two people."

Mr. Heston graciously autographs a copy of his autobiography "In the Arena" for my mother in March, 2000 at the University of Colorado (Boulder)

A couple days ago I left a comment at Knowledge is Power, when news of the ailing Heston grew grim:
Back in 2000, just one year after Columbine, we at the University of Colorado, Boulder invited Mr. Heston to speak. The usual anti-gun moonbats were there. Mr. Heston took their heckling in stride, and was a total gentleman to all who attended reception, including my mother (a huge, huge fan--I grew up on Ben Hur and El Cid).

He was showing his age, as a stooped walk had replaced the once robust stride of a movie legend. But his stature had not diminished, and at that time, neither had his charm or wit.
It's about time to fulfill that promise I made a while back to get my concealed carry weapons permit--and no other fitting tribute to the great actor and patriot.
Moonbat meltdown in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . (and they don't disappoint) from DailyKos:
OK OK I will post a link as soon as I see one but I see on CBS News that actor and gun-nut Charlton Heston has passed away.
And I can't resist breaking a scoop on Daily Kos so here is an open thread !

Let's use that thread to discuss actors one likes until one finds out what kind of political nutdouchebaggery they are advocating.
More:
Freedom of speech is a bitch, Bill O...how many people in this country are dead because of the organization Mr. Heston championed all these years?

by Aqualad08 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 at 09:20:33 PM PDT
. . .
Here's hoping there are no guns in heaven...which would make it Charlton's hell...

by Aqualad08 on Sat Apr 05, 2008 at 09:07:49 PM PDT
. . .
Times like these challenge me as a human being. One part of me says "It's sad when anyone dies, and it behooves me to be a better person and be respectful of his family's loss." The other part of me says "So long, motherfucker."

by PerfectStormer on Sat Apr 05, 2008 at 09:12:04 PM PDT
And from the festering swamp known as Democratic Underground:

More from the DUmmies (they have a limited vocabulary, don't they?):
Rest in the Hottest Parts of Hell, motherfucker.

You and Saint Ronnie can just toast your asses on the fucking brimstone while jerking each other off.

My fucking regards, fuck,
Tom
Stay classy, moonbats.
Other blog reax:
Roger L. Simon--"I looked down on Chuck in those days because he was a Republican and I thought they were mostly dumb. (Sorry, Chuck, I was the idiot.)"

Some vintage clips from Heston's most well-known roles:

Ben Hur:



The 10 Commandments:



Planet of the Apes:



The Agony and the Ecstasy:



El Cid (and somehow a fitting note to end on):

Labels: , , , , ,

|